Thursday, June 30, 2011

Places I'd love to visit (real or make-believe)


JIS. MOUNT OLYMPUS

A place where all the great gods and goddesses live. Wouldn't it be so great to see Zeus face to face, or to just even grace upon the beauty of Venus, the goddess of love? It would be so awesome to be standing alongside fellow Olympians, and who knows? I may even get the chance to see the oh-so-hunky Hercules? :)


NUEVE. HOLLYWOOD

Shopping districts, signature clothes, and rare celebrity sightings.
Those are the kinds of things you'd be able to experience in the city of the stars.
Another must-see in Hollywood is the Universal Studios, the place where they fake earthquakes and other disasters that we see in blockbuster hollywood movies. And wouldn't it be so cool to see Steven Spielberg directing on the spot?


OTSO. STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

I've always admired Shakespeare and his works.
And in fact, I even learned to watch films about him whose words I don't even understand,
just because the language was set in Old English. (Shakespeare in Love) I'd really, really love to visit his home town, where he found inspiration to write his noble works. And maybe, just maybe. I'd even pick up something that might lead me to becoming the next him. :)))


SIYETE. THE GREAT BARRIER REEF

The Great Barrier Reef is considered as the longest reef in the world, which is found in Australia. It has a wide variety of ocean biodiversity that ignites the senses and puts a stopper to our thirst for natural beauty. Ooh, now that's what I'm talking about. Thanks for helping on my vocab, Shakespeare. :)))


SAIS. ATLANTIS, THE LOST EMPIRE

Have you watched the movie, Atlantis? It's about a group of scientists who went on a dangerous journey to find the lost city. But along the way, they encounter a lot of obstacles which prevented them from reaching their destination. I'd love to experience the thrill of getting on a submarine and going down (waaaay down) under to find a legendary place everyone's been researching about for years. Although there were reports that it was found near Africa. I'm just not sure if it's real or just a fancy rumor.


CINCO. HOGWARTS
SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

At Hogwarts, everything is possible with just a simple Swish and Flick. I'd love to study here too, where your professors are not just mere people, but BEINGS who look like they want to take the life out of you if ever you misbehave. And once I discover the ins and outs of magic,
I could just learn to shout "LUMOS!" and all the lights in the house would magically disappear.


QUATRO. VENICE

Famous for their Gondola rides, this beautiful city has got it all - shopping districts, first-class malls, and a very romantic environment, perfect for lovers who wants to have time for their own. As an added bonus, the gondolas also come with their "drivers" who can also sing a beautiful Italian song just for you. But as for me, I'd rather come single-handedly -
to have my ME time, just to think and to unwind and be ALONE. But who am I kidding? Hey, who ever wants to walk solo in a beautiful city?!


TRES. ROME

Ah, Rome. I consider it as the most historical city, so far. I've been wanting to visit Rome ever since I saw the movie, Lizzie McGuire: The Movie. And just like them, I also want to dip my toes in the pool of knowledge at La Citta Eterna (The eternal city). But the Fountain of Trevi tops my list on must-see spots in Rome. It's like a huge pond wherein you can toss a coin and wish for anything. Oh, I've got a loooong list of things I wish for. So I might as well pack a lot of coins. Haha. :))


DOS. PARIS, FRANCE

Paris, France, the city of lights and probably the most romantic city on earth. I'd love to experience living the parisian life - morning coffee breaks, taking long, night strolls around the tower, and gazing at the magnificent Eiffel Tower for like, all day. Nah, I was just kidding about the 'all day' part. But hey, who doesn't admire the Tower anyway? It's so...so....so... See? I can't even find the right words to describe It.


UNO. NEVERLAND

I've always loved Wendy and her stories about Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, the Lost Boys, and all their other adventures, back when I was still a child. I even remember telling myself that when I get a little older, I will come and visit the second star to the right. But I guess I'm too old for this now. :> But I still do believe in fairies, though.




Someday, I'll visit these places. (the real ones, of course!)
So watch out, coz i'm coming soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. just went to hollywood the other day :) thought you might wanna see the photos (posted some on my blog =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Visitors! Tell me what you think :)) Feel free.