Friday, September 2, 2011

What Inspired Me Today.

A guy-friend letter.


Ibibigay ko sana sa kanya ng last day ng exam along with the gift na gustong gusto niya. Kaso, nawalan na ako ng gana... :|




To my dearest _______, The Guy Who's Always Been There




I hope that by the time you're reading this, you're probably staying in your quiet room listening to silence...or having milk and cookies maybe? Nahh.. just kidding. I hope that what is contained within this letter will only be of confidence between you, me and the paper as others might misinterpret.


Naalala ko pa noong first year natin. My first impression of you was of a concieted type na never sumagi sa isip kong magiging kaibigan ko. Pero I was wrong dahil hindi ko akalain na opposite pala ang mangyayari....


It's been months since you gave me - - , the stuff toy you gave me and yeah, I kinda named him after your initial since I can't think of any other names and so that I won't forget who gave him to me. I'll always treasure him. I wanted to express this letter in my own handwriting but I doubt that you would understand what I've scribbled. Believe me, it took me great effort writing a dedication on the last gift I gave you. Anyway so here I am.... just gonna type all these things in here.


Consider this as my Thank-you letter and a Maybe-this-is-gonna-be-the-last-time-that-we'd-talk letter. I never thought that we'd end up conjuring a light of friendship that will be brillantly lit. Always hope that this light will always stay illuminated even though this will most probably be wilted by circumstances and time.. although... I hope that wouldn't happen. I'll always remember you _____ as one of the people who showed great concern whenever I get into trouble.


Anyway, enough with the formalities...

Hindi ko kasi masabing "keep in touch" not unless you make yourself keep-in-touchable.


So kahit papaano I hope that when you find someone na malimit din maaksidente.. masasabi mo, "may friend akong ganyan.. " and as for me, if I ever find someone na lagi ding andun para sakin kapag naaksidente ako (which I think is hard to find kasi sobrang rare yung mga tulad mo..)


I'll also say na "Para kang yung friend ko dati..". In that way, at least.. through that person.. lagi kitang maalala. Pero walang papalit sa isang special person na tulad mo...


All these times, I've always wanted to say....


1)Thank you for being an ACTUAL friend.

2)Thank you for listening to the stories I've been telling you.... even if I've been telling those same stories for almost a zillion times already.

3) Thank you for being there when my eye got caught with the chili peppers... I appreciated your great concern

4) Thank you for AT LEAST being there and told me what happened when those two got drunk and my mom went ballistic.

5) Thank you that..for ALWAYS listening to MY SIDE of the story.

6) Thank you for being there when I lost consciousness because all I ever wanted that time was to get that additional points for volunteering.

7) Thank you for listening all about my "crush" stories even though all along it has been... JOKE. Kala mo ikaw noh? Hahaha :D

8) Thank you for being my 17th rose. I almost made you my 18th but my mom wanted HIM to be it. Although think about it, you can always add 1 to 17 and make it 18 right? Who says it's always supposed to be logical?

9) Thank you for laughing at my jokes even though they're so corny.

10) Thank you for that time...when all I wanted was a "thank you" and you gave me a hug. I'll consider that as your gift to me last Valentine's Day.


I never thought it would be this hard to compose a letter. I started this two months ago and all it got me was 'til here.


Remember, that I'll always be your Ms. APG . Thank you for changing one aspect of me.

And that is.. I learned to start caring for others when I saw how you cared for me. I will surely miss your hugs. Setting our real ages aside, you made me feel that I had a big brother by my side... because I never had one.


ITO YUNG IDADAGDAG KO SANA (pero di ko gagawin or magagawa):


I admit that somewhere along the way... I may have developed a sort of 'weird' feeling towards you.. Many people call it "love" and I never thought I'd felt that way, not until you told me that you're liking this certain girl... na sa iba ko pa nalaman kung sino... and hindi ko alam kung bakit... pero...nalito ako nung mga panahon na iyon.


At di ko alam kung bakit pero kumirot yung puso ko talaga... at dun ko narealize na gusto na pala kita... That time, we both were acting casually towards each other...


Even though you were unconsciously breaking my heart... pero, wala naman akong karaptang masaktan dahil wala naman akong karapatan sa puso mo..


Did you know that I cried because of you?

Pero Sabi nila, hindi daw dapat pinagaaksayahan ng panahon at luha ang mga taong hindi worth it at walang kwenta...


Pero hindi ka isa sa mga "walang kwenta" sa buhay ko...


kasi, importante ka sa akin because YOU ARE and always be kahit papaano, MY FRIEND...


Remember that you'll always have this place in my heart.


And kahit masakit, mas pipiliin ko ang friendship natin...


Tandaan mo na para ka lang si Clark Kent, at ako ang Chloe Sullivan ng buhay mo.


Hindi man maging tayo.. I'll always be a friend.




Very Truly yours,

Ms. APG




I was so inspired by this letter that I read at the UST Love Stories page at Facebook. :) I wish she had just given this letter to that boy. By then, he would've known what she really felt and she wouldn't be hurting like this. But it's also brave of her to choose to keep their friendship, rather than risk what they have for something that is unsure, given the fact the her bestfriend likes another girl. But come to think of it, by the way the girl described how the boy cared for her when she needed someone, when he was there during her toughest trials, when he agreed to be her 17th rose, when he never got tired of listening to her endless thread of stories and corny jokes, it can be implied that the guy likes her too, only that like her, he chose to keep his feelings for the sake of their friendship. Awwww. :(( I guess they both liked each other from the very start, but were only too scared that their friendship might be compromised. If only she told him what she really felt, this story wouldn't have ended with an ungiven letter. :((


One word: SAD! :((((

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Visitors! Tell me what you think :)) Feel free.