Saturday, September 3, 2011

What these letters meant to me

Well, I just wanna write right now. I'm not really inspired to write something. I mean, I'm just doing this because I feel like doing so. You know, for the sake of blogging. Awhile ago, I'm really getting bored and I am kinda getting bored with tumblr, seeing the same posts everyday. So I decided that maybe I should return to my first blog, Thisismeonlybetter. 

I actually can't think of a decent subject right now, maybe because I'm still "lutang" from my Prelims results. It's good, alright. But I wasn't really happy about my Chem and my Math, although all the other subjects remained with a 1.75 average. 

Okay, so I'm not here to talk about my grades. I am here to get inspiration and take the load off me. Just chillin' and reminiscing about everything under the sun. And so, unknowingly, I saw these pictures and decided to upload them and maybe, I could start my nest blog entry from there. Just writing about the significance of these letters to me. And apparently, they are, and will always be, a part of me. 




A is for Aprille. HAHA
That was dumb. It looks like I'm narcissistic for some reason. Nah, kidding. Actually, A is the first name of my long lost friend. We were childhood friends and neighbors. And in fact, we are relatives. His mom is my cousin, alright. But enough of the "family tree" thing. :D

Back when I was a child, (sorry of its kinda sentimental) I belonged to a group of 9 people. A group of bike-riding, firefly-catching, endless-talking, ice candy-eating kids who always saw each other every single day. But among that 9 kids, I was closest to these three people. A is the goofy one, he's a lot like Mr. Bean. :D He never failed to make us laugh, and it seemed like when he's not around, the gang's not complete. =)) I remember we even had to fetch him in his room just to get him to come with us. 

But then, one sad summer day, he broke the news that he's leaving. :"(( That was one of the worst days of my life. I was devastated. He said that he's leaving for Canada, and he doesn't know when he's coming back. Or if he's coming back at all. I felt sad, of course. He was one of my bestfriends, and I can't afford to lose him. But then again, there's Facebook and Twitter. And from time to time, we make an effort to contact him and ask how he's doing there. Just to let him know that he can come back anytime and find that his friends are always here for him. =))




B stands for my childhood friend.
As much as I want to put his name here, I can't. 
Honestly, I'm not even sure if he knows anything about this, so I might be spilling this for the first time here. Honestly, I haven't seen him in years. It's been 5 years already and I don't have any news about his whereabouts now. But what I know is that he's already in Canada, with the whole family.
(Why do they all go to Canada anyway?)
All those years, I've been trying to find some means to contact him.
Through Facebook, Skype, Twitter, MySpace, Tagged, Formspring, and all others. But it looks like luck isn't on my side. :( But it's okay. I think he'll come home one day soon. 

Okay. So let me tell you how we became friends.
He was my friend's/neighbor's cousin.
I was close friends with his cousin because they'd been staying there for a long time already.
So when he moved to stay there by 4th grade, we became friends. Not to mention, his younger brother is my brother's classmate too. Isn't it a great coincidence that our brothers are buddies? =)) Must be fate then. HAHA :D 

We used to play the San Pedro game at our house along with other friends. And during blackouts, we'd all go outside the house, sit on the streets of the village like we we're on some sort of a campfire, and share stories until our parents tell us to come home already. Those were the best days of my life, just as carefree as a little child and not having to worry  about anything but what's at the moment. 

I also remember how I always wake up early during Sundays to get dresses to go to church and hear his voice. You see, he was a member of the school choir, so it was an excuse to see him and play with him after mass. :D 

But during 6th grade, his mom came for him to bring him to Canada to study. 
I didn't know that he was leaving for good, then. And so I hid myself from him. I even told my brother to tell him that I was out just so he couldn't see me. If only I knew that he wasn't coming back until after a few years, I would've shown myself to him.

Okay. So that's one of the my "should-haves".
But that's okay now. No hard feelings.
I've moved on. :))




N is for NNNN. =))
I met him during 6th grade, just after B left.
He transferred at our neighborhood along with his whole family.
He was still nice to people then, but when he met the other people in our village, he changed. He became this annoying little skunk that would really break my day. >:|


I remember him teasing me all the time about my teeth. 
And I would always get annoyed and irritated, but I never confronted him for that. I tried to keep my cool, but I really wanted to tell him, "Hey, what ever happened to the boy who used to have good, clean fun? What happened to the boy who was nice to me, to the boy who never stepped on another person just to look cool?" I wanted to tell him that, but I didn't. I guess I didn't have the guts at all. 


But all the while, I liked him just that. A lot of people would say he looked like Sam Concepcion. I refuse to believe! Hahaha And I'm not trying to say that he looks better, because I know that Sam C. look 10 times better than him. :D But now, he's not an airhead anymore. I think he's gone back to the person I knew before, the person who brought a Carne Norte can during a supposed-to-be picnic. Hahaha :D 

The last time I saw him was an hour before I left for Manila last Aug. 29, 2011. I really thought that I wasn't going to see him at all, because I was out with my friends all day, but I did! That was a great surprised, but he was with his mom though. =))

You know what? I'm gonna let you out on a little secret. It came across my mind to ask him to be my date to the prom. But as usual, I am a coward, and so I didn't ask him at all. -____- And I ended up going with my friend's neighbor. It wasn't that bad, but it would've been better if I had the guts to ask him. 

Again, another addition to my "should-have" list."



L is for Mr. Engineering. <3
He's my orgmate.
As of now, I don't know anything about him at all.
Not even his surname. :|
What I know is that he's number 23 in his P.E. Class.
HAHA :D
How do I know? Well because it's written in his P.E. uniform, that's why.  
So his surname must be from C-E, if I'm not mistaken.

But all I know now is that I'm motivated to attend org meetings everytime with the hope that he's also there. :)

I would've told you a lot about letter M and letter J. but sad to say, I can't find those letters in the Alphabet Garden. So I guess, that's off. :( Maybe next time, if I find people or if I get inspired again, I'll write more. =))

SEE YA WHEN I SEE YA! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Visitors! Tell me what you think :)) Feel free.