Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ang magic ng Kwentong Chalk in Bob Ong :)


As much as i want to write something sensible and exciting, i can't seem to think about any topic worth reading.

i guess i'm just bored and disappointed with twitter, because now it won't open. :( i'm just frustrated. So now i guess i should spend time with blogging first. =))

i think i should just share my experience in writing my filipino finals paper, my talumpati. you see, instead of having our final exams as a written one, our prof decided that it could just be an oral speech or a debate. and so, i was "forced" to make my own speech to be shared with the class in no less than two weeks. at first, i was completely blank. i was totally out of ideas that i thought of the dumbest and lamest ideas that a writer could ever think of.  i even thought about writing something about love, but then, in case i forget what i'm supposed to say in front, i wouldn't be able to cover for it because honestly, i don't know anything about love. :(( sad, isn't it?

then i thought of writing about family, but then again, i thought that it might bore my audience and i might be able to put them to sleep. and honestly, that would be the last thing that i would want, considering that it might affect my grades and all. (i'm sorry if i sound so grade-conscious, but i can't help it. my life depends on this paper.)

and so, to gain inspiration, i decided to read my copy of bob ong's book, abnkkbsnplako?!. i know that it's kinda foolish to read books like that when i was supposed to be doing my fil paper. but i just needed time to think and inspiration. so yeah, i did read the book and it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to finish that. =)))

it's so funny that i started laughing alone at the room,  very much like a retard. and like a miracle, (whoa!) an idea popped into my mind. i needed to write a speech that would address people my age, and i needed a topic that would make everyone relate to it. and what's better to be a topic than education, itself! you know, being a student and going through high school and all. i'm sure my listeners would be able to relate to it perfectly. but since it may turn out to be a bore, (i know, coz i get bored with thoughts about education too) i need to present my speech in a lively manner. it should be presented in a manner that would interest people so they could pay attention to me. that's where my new problem comes. you see, i'm not really the person who liked to talk with crowds. i don't do so well with them that i start to panic and hyperventilate whenever i talk to a group. :(

i wanted to be confident in front, but i just can't seem to find enough courage to be one. like, when i step in front and try to talk, the next thing i knew i'm staring at the floor. just like what i did during our sophomore year elocution. i knew i memorized the piece, but i wasn't able to deliver it well because... i was shy?? nah. i don't know. but as i remember it, i kept rolling my sleeves like an idiot in front of my classmates. >:(( i looked so stupid. that's why never again would i do that. i'll try so hard to do better than best this time, now that i'm in college. i can't afford to mess up again. 

help! i think i need a public speaker to tutor me. hoho :)

basta, i'm gonna do better this time. i'll try to remember that eye contact is important and that if ever i forget, (please, no!!!) i should not let others know it. 

oh, god. i think i better start practicing in front of the mirror. i sure don't wanna end up in the "EPif fail" list of the class. 

wish me luck! <3 =))))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Visitors! Tell me what you think :)) Feel free.